Once a teacher has passed their T.C.R.G. examination and has registered with CLRG they can then register with RCCEA. All active teachers, both resident or non resident, operating in our region are encouraged to join. It must be noted that if teachers wish to enter dancers at our annual Oireachtas - World Qualifiers, they must be registered. You can always contact your Regional representative for help or advice on how to get started.
CLRG Irish dance schools are now to be found in most areas of Europe, Russia, Asia and the Middle East. The purpose of this website is to assist anyone wishing to join a CLRG registered school in the above mentioned region. New pupils are always welcome, as the main goal of CLRG is to promote and develop Irish dancing and its wider culture, especially its language and music. Please check the Teachers and Schools section to find a school closest to you.
RCCEA is running a Professional Development Seminar in Prague, on the 3-5th of May offering a full weekend of workshops from world class instructors!
Fee for the entire weekend is 100 euro for RCCEA registered teachers and 200 euro for non-members, the seminar is open for all CLRG teachers and dancers worldwide.
The seminar will offer the following classes:
- Ceilis, practical teaching and judging for exams: with James McCutcheon (SDCRG Scrudaitheoir);
- Solo modern dancing and modern team dancing: with Richard Griffin (ADCRG, director of the Griffin-Lynch School, Artistic Director/Choreographer of GFD Promotions (Gaelforce and Dance Masters Irish dance shows) and Michael Ryan (ADCRG, director of the Ryan School, choreographer of the Ragus show, lecturer at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance/University of Limerick);
- Irish Dance Physical Fitness: with Peter O’Grady ( physical therapist, former Irish dancer at championship level and professional fitness coach).
Spaces are limited so register quickly! The aim of the Seminar is to encourage already certified teachers in our region, as well as future teachers and judges better themselves, in order to ever increase the teaching quality in our region.
The 2019 Seminar will be held at the same venue in Prague, so please stay tuned for the date and full details.
Karlínské Spektrum DDM hl. m. Prahy
Karlínské nám. 7
186 00 Praha 8
Should you have any inquiries about the Seminar, please don't hesitate to contact our Seminar Workgroup: Darya Markosyan TCRG and Adriana Sturdikova TCRG.
A bit of history: in the summer of 2017, RCCEA have hosted the first edition of the Professional Development Seminar, in Prague/Czech Republic.
The Seminar welcomed 30 currently registered teachers in our region and future TCRG/ADCRG exam candidates alltogether. The 2017 edition classes were:
- Ceilis, Practical Teaching and Judging for exams with Mollie Farrely MacConuladh (SDCRG);
- Solo modern dancing and modern team dancing - Hilary Joyce-Owens (BG, ADCRG, Director of the renowned Ceim Oir Academy in London);
- Irish Dance Physical Fitness - Peter O'Grady (physical therapist, former championship Irish Dancer and professional Fitness coach);
- Ballet/technique with Morgane Collangettes (Dancer at the Czech National Ballet Company)