Please click on the following link to access the syllabus for Oireachtas na Cruinne 2014.Click Here
Click on the following link to access the DAYS ONLY TIMETABLE.Day Only
Please click here to view details regarding booking rooms for World Irish Dancing Championsips 2014. Links will be open for booking MONDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER
For room only link (£145 per room per night) please click here http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/L/LONMETW-GWIDB-20140410/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
For bed and breakfast link (£155 per room per night) please click here http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/L/LONMETW-GWIDC-20140410/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
The hotel will take a two night non refundable deposit on the time of the booking and the rest will be taken on the time of the arrival. The guests are able to modify they arrival & departure date free of charge before the arrival date. If the guest would like to shorten their stay early departure fee will be taken.
Telephone reservations are not possible.
Rince Seit Tradisiúnta/Traditional Set dances
Guidelines for Teachers and Adjudicators
1) ALL versions of traditional set dances are acceptable once danced in a traditional style.
2) Clicks are not permitted in any traditional set dance.
3) Dancers are not permitted to move in a counter direction when executing “rolls.” “Rolls” may be danced on the spot or moving in the direction of the leading foot e.g. the first bar of music in the King of the Fairies may be danced on the spot or to the right when dancing on the right foot and on the spot or to the left when dancing on the left foot.
4) “Rocks” in any traditional set dance must be fully completed and not cut short.
5) JOB OF JOURNEYWORK: “Boxes” in this traditional set dance may be executed in either FOUR or FIVE beats. The “box” must be completed by the two shoes touching at the toe piece. There is no “stamp” immediately following the “box”.
6) ST. PATRICKS DAY: In the 5th bar of the step (lead) and also the 5th and 10th bars of the set, dancers must hit their toe to their heel. Banging of the toe on the floor is not permitted.
7) Single and double trebles are acceptable in the step (lead) of all traditional set dances.
Jigs & Reels Irish Dance Academy Berlin are organising a TCRG training seminar the day before their local feis (feis taking place on Oct 5th, grade exams on Oct 6th)
We hope to cover ceili book, tips for music exam and teaching part.
Date: Oct 4th
Time: 4:30 – 9:30 pm
Fee: 60€ per person
Venue: Jigs & Reels Dance Studio @Berlinartstudios
Storkower Strasse 118, 10407 Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
Registration: please contact Mary Sweeney email@example.com
‐ your full name and address
‐ brief dance history (e.g. who is your current teacher if you have one; competitive history if applicable)
‐ what you would want out of this seminar; what are you hoping to learn
Closing date: Registration must be completed by September 20th 2013
‐ places are limited so register early to avoid disappointment ‐
For more info on
‐ seminar transportation and accomodation ‐ feis and grade exams
please contact the local organiser
Sandra Kuhnert firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessments 2014 at TCRG/TMRF/ADCRG
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel – Dublin Thursday 9th Jan. 2014
Jan.2014 Assessment The dances required are: Easy Reel, Light Jig, basic Slip Jig and basic Single Jig, Primary Reel, basic Heavy Jig, Primary Slip Jig, St. Patrick’s Day, Advanced Reel, Basic Hornpipe, Advanced Slip Jig, The Blackbird, Advanced heavy Jig, garden of Daisies, Advanced Hornpipe, Job of Journeywork. Walls of Limerick, Siege of Ennis, Four Hand Reel, Humours of Bandon
Current conditional registered teachers presenting for re-assessment will be re-assessed up to and including the above dances.
Re-Assessments will be held in (Jan. /Feb. 2016)
All assessments must be completed by Dec. 2017.
TCRG Examination must be taken by Dec. 2017.
Please direct queries regarding assessments for temporary and conditional teachers to email@example.com
The Assessments for Europe were discussed at the Udarás meeting on May 24th 2013.
The decision of the meeting was that all Assessments should be completed by Dec. 2017.
This proposal was discussed at the Coimisiún meeting on Sun. 26th May 2013 and agreed.
Applicants for the 2014 assessment do not have to have their 12 grades completed beforehand. The reason to have completed all assessments by Dec. 2017 is to avoid that problem.
The assessment will probably be at the Dublin exam as in the last 3 years.
ADCRG/TCRG/TMRF Exams will take place in Glasgow 12th-15th December 2013. Venue TBC. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.