Ceili Workshop with Mary McElroy (SDCRG) for all upcoming teachers in Mainland Europe, or teachers who are preparing
Once a teacher has passed their T.C.R.G. examination and has registered with CLRG they can then register with RCCEA. All active teachers, both resident or non resident, operating in our region are encouraged to join. It must be noted that if teachers wish to enter dancers at our annual Oireachtas - World Qualifiers, they must be registered. You can always contact your Regional representative for help or advice on how to get started.
CLRG Irish dance schools are now to be found in most areas of Europe, Russia, Asia and the Middle East. The purpose of this website is to assist anyone wishing to join a CLRG registered school in the above mentioned region. New pupils are always welcome, as the main goal of CLRG is to promote and develop Irish dancing and its wider culture, especially its language and music. Please check the Teachers and Schools section to find a school closest to you.
RCCEA is running a non-competitive video challenge for our region's dancers of all levels, as detailed below:
○ Individual dancers or groups will perform a reel step to any 8 bars of reel music from Beat - Feis Music APP by William Paterson & Kevin Murphy;
○ To access free music tracks please download the Beat - Feis Music APP and check music menu for RCCEA Step About Eurasia category!
○ Dancers may perform either a soft shoe reel step or a treble reel step;
○ They may wear anything they are comfortable in, however we encourage avoiding wearing clothing that is too revealing (e.g. see-through tops, spaghetti straps, swimwear, gymnastics shorts, hot pants etc.);
○ Be an ambassador of your city/country/region: record your video in front of your national flag or emblem/a renownded national monument/your city or school mascot/a famous landscape etc;
○ Make signs with all or any of the hashtags #rccea #irishdancetogether #clrg;
○ Use these recording parameters: landscape video, 720p HD at 30 FPS;
○ Videos are to be submitted by teachers only, please include your school name and video location! PR team members will contact teachers in their respective areas with their contact details.
Deadline for submission by teachers – October 30th 2020
If any teacher has technology issues, they should refer to their Regional Representatives for help.
Wishing you and your dancers lots of fun creating your steps and videos and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
The RCCEA Council Members